Whale watching

Whale Watching
I had to make my own lunch and guess what I have made! I have made a sandwich with avocado and lettuce – Yum!!!! I also brought some cherry tomatoes and blueberries with me. Then we went to Fisherman’s Wharf to find our Whale Watching boat. It was a big catamaran.
We passed through Esquimalt harbour before heading out to sea.  The weather was quite cool, so we had to wear a jacket, or at least a sweater. Many of us felt like we should have worn something warmer, since it is ‘summer time’, all of us chose to wear shorts, except of course, Mimi, she told us that we might want to wear something warmer. Everything was alright when we first arrived at the boat, but when the boat turned out to open sea, we started to feel extremely cold. The sea wind was especially cold. The boat was going super-fast, so the bitter wind was so strong that I felt like it would blow me off the boat. I didn’t want to stay inside, because I wanted to go out and enjoy the sea views. But I was freezing cold after I made a few attempts. So, I stayed inside for the rest of the trip.



Overall this trip was amazing, because I got to One of the big male sea lions pushed the other small female into the ocean. LOL. That scenario was HILARIOUS.  We also got to see lots of seabirds, like a rare puffin and tons of seagulls, and only a few cormorants.



see killer whales. They were super cute. And these are sea creatures that I would never see in Hong Kong. Plus, we also got to see sea lions. They were gigantic. And some of them looked furious and very aggressive.


No comments:

Post a Comment